9.14.2010

Meet My Neighbor Monday

Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.  ~Rod McKuen

This is long overdue! I have now been in San Antonio for over a month and I continue to meet so many wonderful people every week.





                                               Alyssa (Left) and Jessi at a '70s themed Chi Alpha event

This week the spotlight is on two new sweet friends, Alyssa and Jessi. I picked them both this week, because I had the pleasure of hanging out with them tonight when they came over for dinner. I wanted to celebrate them both.

Alyssa is a sophomore at UTSA and is studying Art and Communications. She hopes to one day be a graphic artist. Alyssa grew up in Houston and enjoys being in college only a few hours away from home. She lives in a house here in SA with 3 other girls... all four of them are truly amazing and I have had a blast getting to know all of them! Alyssa you are a blessing.

Jessi is one-of-a-kind! She manages working full-time and being in ministry full-time. She is a college women's small group leader and leads a weekly small group with 14 or 15 girls in it! She also tries to squeeze in one-on-one time with each of the girls. I don't know how she does it. Proverbs 27:17 says "As iron sharpen iron, so one man sharpens another." Jessi's life serves as such an example to me, her faith sharpens my own.

-M

0 comments: