8.23.2010

Meet My Neighbor Monday

This week's spotlight is on my friend Amy!
Haven, Johnny, and Amy

     I met Amy in December when she and her family stayed with Jen and I in Colorado while they were passing through town on their way back to Texas. I knew I liked Amy then, but I knew we would be friends when she asked what she could get me from Sonic the week I moved here! Amy is fun, an optimist, and she has a beautiful singing voice. She also values the relationships in her life and that she sees the best in others.

     Amy grew up in Austin, Tx and went to college at Sam Houston State. She and her husband Johnny lead the Chi Alpha college ministry team here at UTSA. They love Jesus and college students and they are a natural fit in this ministry. I am in awe of the way Amy handles both the responsibilities of ministry and parenthood. she is an amazing mom to an 18 month old. She handles life so gracefully and sets a great example not only for college age women, but for me as well.

Psalm 139 is one of Amy's favorite passages
"... You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You both precede and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head..."

1 comments:

annalee said...

what a sweet "neighbor!"